Get in the know! Every week we bring you the Weekly Style, giving you the latest in fashion and style news from around the globe and from style savvy Jamaicans at home and abroad. This week on Weekly Style:
– Tis the season for fashion week in the Caribbean. Last weekend was Trinidad’s Style Spirit Weekend– which we’re excitedly waiting to preview on the Trinidad Lookbook site– and this week our very own Caribbean Fashion Week starts with a packed schedule of local and international designers.
– If you’re looking for some experience in the the local fashion industry this summer, local designer Ayanna Dixon of ASD Clothing is on the hunt for an intern and you might be the right fit!
– Jonathan Saunders and Thomson continue their collaboration in Jamaica. Today they will unveil a beach wear collection designed by Saunders, exclusive to the Sensantori Resort Jamaica and in celebration of the redesign the swimsuits will be handed out to guests who check in today.
– Looks like international pop star Katy Perry is on the island (possibly with her man-friend Diplo of Major Lazer) taking in the sun and enjoying our lovely beaches.
– We could possibly see the inside of Fiction Lounge sometime in the near future as they are officially hiring. The popular club had seen a decline in revenue over the last couple of years, causing the KLE Group to sell Fiction last February. No official word on who has taken over the space located at the Marketplace.