Using themes of tropical landscapes for her collection, emerging designer Kristen Benjamin from Trinidad & Tobago created mens and womenswear designs that stayed true to their caribbean roots with board shorts for guys and skin-baring ensembles for women. While at times the tailoring for the pieces seemed suspect, many of the concepts were refreshingly risky, such as the short and skirt dress combinations. We particularly liked a men’s matching shorts and shirt set in plaid with brown leather accents. It felt perfect for a game of dominoes under the shade of a mango tree.
Most Popular Posts
- On the Mood Board: Summer Sandals and Slip Ons We’re Coveting
- In Perspective: Style On The Fringe of The Met Gala
- Weekly Style: Kei Miller on Beauty, Massiv x Nadastorm, Summer Collections Inspired by JA & More!
- Romain Virgo is Striking in a Colourful Suit at All Access
- Weekly Style: Style Week Jamaica, Alexis Flora, Kaj Designs and More!
- Style Selec’tings: YC gives a Sneak Peek, Plus Flirty Dresses and Fun Looks Galore!
- Weekly Style: News from The Wardrobe, Haute Hippie in Jamaica and More!
- Get Wet! Preview the D’Havia Summer 2013 Collection
- CFW 2014: Diaphanous Creations from Julan by Designer Julliette Dyke
- Gold Accents at Dream Weekend in Negril