Designer Lydia Ameaud Lawrence from Trinidad and Tobago shared her “L.O.C.K. Creations” collection of tie-dye prints, green-dotted peplums and painted leather on Saturday night at CFW and while we loved the idea of a leather two piece in shades of brown and a babydoll dress in purple and yellow tie-dye, the collection meandered and lacked a cohesive vision. It’s attempts to be funky and youthful came across as a little outdated, without the retro coolness. For L.O.C.K Creations, a focus on a theme or storyline would better serve the label in the long run.
Most Popular Posts
- On the Mood Board: Summer Sandals and Slip Ons We’re Coveting
- In Perspective: Style On The Fringe of The Met Gala
- Weekly Style: Kei Miller on Beauty, Massiv x Nadastorm, Summer Collections Inspired by JA & More!
- Romain Virgo is Striking in a Colourful Suit at All Access
- Weekly Style: Style Week Jamaica, Alexis Flora, Kaj Designs and More!
- Style Selec’tings: YC gives a Sneak Peek, Plus Flirty Dresses and Fun Looks Galore!
- Weekly Style: News from The Wardrobe, Haute Hippie in Jamaica and More!
- Get Wet! Preview the D’Havia Summer 2013 Collection
- Gold Accents at Dream Weekend in Negril
- CFW 2014: Diaphanous Creations from Julan by Designer Julliette Dyke