We saw runway sweeping gowns from emerging Tobagonian designer Diamond Linton whose collection entitled “Tobago Gyal” played with layers of fabric and flirty frills. Two of our favourite styles from Linton showed a little tummy love: a tiered dress in a pleated peacock print and halter top and a white two-piece gown with wavy black piping. The dresses were both formal and funky (because who wants to be bland and boring at a formal event, since they are often bland and boring in themselves.) We were much less enthusiastic about her white and black colour blocking dresses and quickly craved a return to her midriff baring styles.
Most Popular Posts
- On the Mood Board: Summer Sandals and Slip Ons We’re Coveting
- In Perspective: Style On The Fringe of The Met Gala
- Weekly Style: Kei Miller on Beauty, Massiv x Nadastorm, Summer Collections Inspired by JA & More!
- Romain Virgo is Striking in a Colourful Suit at All Access
- Weekly Style: Style Week Jamaica, Alexis Flora, Kaj Designs and More!
- Style Selec’tings: YC gives a Sneak Peek, Plus Flirty Dresses and Fun Looks Galore!
- Weekly Style: News from The Wardrobe, Haute Hippie in Jamaica and More!
- Get Wet! Preview the D’Havia Summer 2013 Collection
- Gold Accents at Dream Weekend in Negril
- CFW 2014: Diaphanous Creations from Julan by Designer Julliette Dyke
2013 alter ego base Kingston Caribbean Fashion Week CFW CFW 2013 Dancehall Designer DIY Guide Fashion Fashion Show Fashion Week Fiction Lounge Insta-Hit Instagram Jae Jolly Jamaica Jamaican Artiste Jamaican Designer Kingston Lipstick Thursdays Menswear Music New Kingston On the Street On Trend Party Rebel Salute Reggae Runway Saint International Some like it Vintage Street Style Streetstyle Streetwise Style Style News style savvy Style Selec'tings Style Week Swimwear the wardrobe Weekly Style Wet Sundays Yahdie Conscious