Get in the know! Every week we bring you the Weekly Style, giving you the latest in fashion and style news from around the globe and from style savvy Jamaicans at home and abroad. This week on Weekly Style:
– New York streetwear purveyors of Jamaican style, Rockers NYC, are having a pop up shop at Base Kingston on June 7th. The event will feature a special performance from Jesse Royal with music from Yaadcore. This is not to be missed if you are a street wear junkie.
– Style Week Jamaica starts this Thursday and ends with a bang on Sunday Fashion Block. Kingstonstyle will be on the ground to report from the fashion trenches and we absolutely can’t wait. Cheers to fashion week season!
– For all you foodies out there, the Jamaica Observer Food Awards will be taking place May 29th at Devon House and should be pretty tasty. You can get tickets at local outlets such as Flirt Boutique.
– L.A. based online retailer Nasty Gal gave Jamaica a little shine on their blog recently. One of their freelance writers, Phoebe Lovett of the anywhere-anywhere blog, reported back about her fashionable trip to Jamaica.
– Street art in Jamaica is getting some shine inside museum walls at the National Gallery May 25th with the “Anything with Nothing: Art from the Streets of Jamaica” exhibit. The exhibit with feature many well known street artists such as Danny Coxone and Kemar Black who’s work can be seen in close proximity on Matthews Lane.