Get in the know! Every week we bring you the Weekly Style, giving you the latest in fashion and style news from around the globe and from style savvy Jamaicans at home and abroad. This week on Weekly Style:
– Next month the photography exhibition for Return of the Rude Boy will open at the Somerset House in London. The exhibition focuses on the Rude Boy style as it has evolved from its early days of post-independence Jamaica. The Guardian reported on the exhibit with slight criticism as an ode to the rude boy, minus the rudeness.
– Local label Cooyah is pairing up with reggae artiste Tarrus Riley for a pop-up shop at the R.E.D. Stripe Cafe & Lounge in Hollywood, Florida if you’re out and about in SoFlo today. The pop-up shop serves to support Riley’s Love Situation album, which will be on sale as well as merchandise.
– Kaj Designs now has a flagship store open in Buccoo Point, Tobago with limited hours Thursday through Sunday. You can email email@example.com to book an appointment outside of normal business hours of 12:00pm to 6:00pm.
– Protoje, who is currently in New York on a press tour, will be interviewed on NYC’s HOT 97 reggae show with Bobby Konders and Jabba tonight, a massively important platform for the American reggae scene. Tune in and stream it.
– Lastly, stay tuned this week as we share our images from last weekend’s Saint International Style Week at the Mercedes-Benz showroom and Fashion Block on the Ave.