Get in the know! Every week we bring you the Weekly Style, giving you the latest in fashion and style news from around the globe and from style savvy Jamaicans at home and abroad. This week on Weekly Style:
– Big news from the CaribbeanFashion Week team and founder Kingsley Cooper this week with a release stating their intentions to launch an e-commerce site exclusively for Caribbean fashion. The site is expected to launch on the morning of the 15th during the weekend of CaribbeanFashion Week and allow attendees to shop the collections straight from the runway. No word on how the logistics will be worked out with shipping overseas, which is often a primary concern for many shoppers in the US and in Canada.
– Congratulations to Grandeur Femme on the launch of their new e-commerce site! You can now shop their collection online at grandeurfemme.com. It’s looking more and more like online shopping is making its impact on the Jamaican market with commercial rent continuously pushing retailers out of their homes.
– Yesterday Chronixx released the Dread and Terrible project and today the internet is in a frenzy to get their hands on his short film, Rastaman Wheel Out, directed by local filmmaker and the effortlessly stylish artist, Ras Kassa. We’ll post as soon as the film premieres, which is expected some time today. See the teaser in the meantime.
– One of our favourite local retailers, Some Like It Vintage, is hosting a pop up show this weekend at Grandeur Male, giving fashionistas a chance to shop their collection both Friday and Saturday at sale prices.
– In other pop up new, accessories designer Kyu Mélange will be holding a pop up shop for their new collection this Saturday the 6th at the Boardroom at Cru from 6pm to 9pm. Locals will get a chance to shop the trendy collection and sip on cocktails at the same time (yippie!).