Get in the know! Every week we bring you the Weekly Style, giving you the latest in fashion and style news from around the globe and from style savvy Jamaicans at home and abroad. This week on Weekly Style:
– Red Bull has their hands in everything from extreme sports to emerging music and most recently they have honed in on local artiste Protoje, writing about him on their site as a reggae artiste to watch.
– Dwight Peters, the CEO of local modeling agency Saint International, now has his own fashion-focused show on TVJ that is a mix of both humor and fashion features.
– Local blogger and fashionista extraordinaire, Natalia Oh, will be hosting Styled for Success, a presentation on how to optimize your personal branding, on April 26th at the Four Seasons.
– Read about the success of the (primarily resort-focused) Australian fashion industry after the close of last week’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia and ponder the success of the Caribbean if we could just grasp some of the developments that have worked so well for them.
– We have been eagerly awaiting more information on the Canopy Guild project current spring resident, Rodell Warner, is cooking up over at the NLS Gallery space. It seems the flood gates are open as there will be a public studio on April 28th inviting viewers to experience the work in progress. The final exhibit will be shown on May 9th.