The unveiling of Sezi’s new West-African inspired capsule collection, Bagnpagne, last Friday at Red Bones was greeted with much love and admiration from local fashionistas and Kingstonstyle was overjoyed to see the blossoming new designer in her element. We had been patiently awaiting the arrival of her debut collection since she she returned from her travels and so we sat down with the artiste at her home in Kingston, prior to its debut, to chat about her four month stay in the small West African country of Burkina Faso, how the materials were sourced, her creative process and her collection. Lucky for us she also shared a sneak preview of the Bagnpagne collection before it hit the rolling rack, talking with us about the tailored styles and the multi-faceted ways of wearing them. Kingstonstyle TV was on location to shoot the pieces and talk with the designer in the warmth and glow of Sezi’s sunny apartment.
Most Popular Posts
- On the Mood Board: Summer Sandals and Slip Ons We’re Coveting
- In Perspective: Style On The Fringe of The Met Gala
- Weekly Style: Kei Miller on Beauty, Massiv x Nadastorm, Summer Collections Inspired by JA & More!
- Romain Virgo is Striking in a Colourful Suit at All Access
- Weekly Style: Style Week Jamaica, Alexis Flora, Kaj Designs and More!
- Style Selec’tings: YC gives a Sneak Peek, Plus Flirty Dresses and Fun Looks Galore!
- Weekly Style: News from The Wardrobe, Haute Hippie in Jamaica and More!
- Get Wet! Preview the D’Havia Summer 2013 Collection
- Gold Accents at Dream Weekend in Negril
- CFW 2014: Diaphanous Creations from Julan by Designer Julliette Dyke