Get in the know! Every week we bring you the Weekly Style, giving you the latest in fashion and style news from around the globe and from style savvy Jamaicans at home and abroad. This week on Weekly Style:
– It’s official! The dates for Style Week Jamaica 2014 have been solidified. The fashion event, held by local modeling agency Saint International, takes place around the same time every year (give or take a couple of weeks). This week the date falls on May 21st through May 25th, almost the exact days as last year’s event.
– Trinidadian designer, Kaj Designs, is hosting a trunk show sale at the Woodbrook Youth Facility in Port of Spain February 9th for their Resort 13/14 collection “Tribu Sauvage.” While the collection was shot here in beautiful Jamaica, unfortunately for Jamaicans, the trunk show is in Trinidad (lucky for you in Trinidad). Keep an eye out for local sales of Kaj Designs and contact them directly for inquiries on Caribbean sales.
– The fight continues to put a halt to racism in the fashion industry with the efforts of the Diversity Coalition and Op-Eds like this one from Business of Fashion contributor and Editor-in-Chief of JC Report Jason Campbell, which brought to our attention this new bizarre extension to Italian Vogue, “Vogue Black.”
– Are you a fashion blogger or an aspiring one? Well starting a blog may be more costly then you’d expect. See what these well known bloggers had to say about the unexpected expenses of being professional bloggers (granted, some of them are pretty absurd expenses.)
– Bahamian-living-in-Miami Fashion Blogger and Stylist La’Vonne Alexis released some behind-the-scenes footage of her branding photo shoot, “Alexis Flora,” shot in the Bahamas. The shoot explores the style of Alexis’ lifestyle and jewellery brand, The Cuveitier’s Closet.