Get in the know! Every Monday we bring you the Weekly Style, giving you the latest in fashion and style news from style savvy Jamaicans at home and abroad.
- Congratulations to Miss Jamaica Gina Hargitay for placing in the top ten at the Miss World 2013 competition and claiming the title of World Continental Queen of Beauty. We wish her all the luck in the future!
- The chic new Samsung store was launched last weekend in Kingston and the fashionably savvy were their celebrating in their weekend bests. We loved the look from fashion blogger Natalia Oh, who tweeted her sleek look for the event, while fashion designer Lubica showed off styles from her latest collection during the soirée.
- Local artiste I-Octane is getting a little international media love for something other then music as late. His newest line of clothing was recently featured on New York based website Boomshots and also on American-based Caribbean culture site LargeUP. Shout out to the lovely MUA Tami Tsansi who wrote the latter as their Jamaican fashion correspondent.
- For all you brides out there, since last week’s Kingston Bridal Week we’ve seen the launch of a new bridal focused magazine specific to Jamaica called I Do Fluff. The magazine is beautifully curated and the premier issue is now available online free to everyone.
- International supermodels Naomi Campbell and Iman are speaking out about diversity on the runway and are calling for an end to runway racism by forming a Diversity Coalition.