American streetwear label 10.Deep has created a collection of tees using images from Kingston as the focus. Entitled High Rollers, the summer capsule collection highlights the photographs from Serbian street photographer “Boogie” who travelled to Jamaica in 2011 and met up with a few bad men in their element. While Boogie notes in his summary of the collection (in the video below) that Kingston isn’t quite the sandy beaches and palm trees he expected, we’re not exactly convinced by his example of Kingston either. The shirts focus on the most gritty elements of Kingston culture– something you may find similarly in say…Compton LA– but in light of the imagery his aesthetic accurately fits the depravity the streetwear label tried to capture.
Most Popular Posts
- On the Mood Board: Summer Sandals and Slip Ons We’re Coveting
- In Perspective: Style On The Fringe of The Met Gala
- Weekly Style: Kei Miller on Beauty, Massiv x Nadastorm, Summer Collections Inspired by JA & More!
- Romain Virgo is Striking in a Colourful Suit at All Access
- Weekly Style: Style Week Jamaica, Alexis Flora, Kaj Designs and More!
- Style Selec’tings: YC gives a Sneak Peek, Plus Flirty Dresses and Fun Looks Galore!
- Weekly Style: News from The Wardrobe, Haute Hippie in Jamaica and More!
- Get Wet! Preview the D’Havia Summer 2013 Collection
- Gold Accents at Dream Weekend in Negril
- CFW 2014: Diaphanous Creations from Julan by Designer Julliette Dyke
2013 alter ego base Kingston Caribbean Fashion Week CFW CFW 2013 Dancehall Designer DIY Guide Fashion Fashion Show Fashion Week Fiction Lounge Insta-Hit Instagram Jae Jolly Jamaica Jamaican Artiste Jamaican Designer Kingston Lipstick Thursdays Menswear Music New Kingston On the Street On Trend Party Rebel Salute Reggae Runway Saint International Some like it Vintage Street Style Streetstyle Streetwise Style Style News style savvy Style Selec'tings Style Week Swimwear the wardrobe Weekly Style Wet Sundays Yahdie Conscious